This review is a little difficult for me to write…the events surrounding it were strange…I’ll explain in more detail below.
I received an email from someone called Jsheron from Tmart.com, asking me to review a pair of bluetooth headphones – Tmart.com Universal Stereo Active Bluetooth Headphones. Since I am a “wire cutter” at heart and love wireless technology, I whole heartedly accepted. I gave him my information and waited for the package to arrive.
After weeks of waiting and some emails back and forth with Jsheron, the item still never arrived…apparently lost in the mail. I decided to give Jsheron the benefit of the doubt and make good on my agreement to review the product. I ordered the exact product they wanted me to write about. It took almost 5 weeks for the product to arrive, even though I paid for the fastest shipping method they had available. Here’s where it begins to get confusing…the item I ordered and the item that I received were similar, but not 100% exact. The box arrived and it was the “Bluetooth Stereo Active Headphones S9”. When I checked the website, the product link they sent me changed and was now pointing to a different item (an iPhone speaker).
Now on to the product itself…I was quite disappointed when I opened the package…
- The product box, was not sealed and was in rough shape (like a box that a refurbished/used unit might come in)
- Inside the box, nothing was in place, it looked like someone opened the box, took the items out and just tossed them back in
- The unit itself had dirt on it…in all the seams and crevasses
- The rubber for the USB charging would not close properly
- The whole inside section of the headphones were coming out and every time I pushed it back in, it wouldn’t stay in place
- The unit connected to my phone without issue, but the sound quality is not very good
- The battery life is good
- Range is not very good, if my phone is in my pocket, the sound will sometimes cut out..I need to keep it closer to the headphones to have uninterrupted sound
When I emailed Jsheron to let him know the response I got back was as follows:
“I will tell my Manager about that and avoid similar incidents, thank you, you just write a review about that, thank you.”
Hopefully they have resolved the issues they were having and no one else will receive items like this.
From the Tmart website:
- True mobie music
- Ultra lightweight
- Convenient music and call control
- Universal Compatibility
- Ideal workout partner
- Dimensions: 13 x 13cm / 5.12 x 5.12inch
- Weight: 202g / 7.13oz
- Adapter: 5.5V / 550mAh
What’s in the box
- 1 x Universal Stereo Active Bluetooth Headphones Black
- 1 x Adapter (Length: 1.6m)
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x Bluetooth headphones Wireless Headset
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x USB
In the end, I used the headphones for a few weeks and concluded that I would never use these beyond the review, as they are not very comfortable and the sound quality is terrible (though it’s acceptable for audio books).